What to know

Facts About Plastic

Every single day, we carry things, visit the supermarket, take out the trash, drink water, and do so much. However all this is done using one major element: Plastic. Plastic is one of those things which we use without even noticing, we rarely comprehend the major harm that one single plastic bag can induce to our nature, so today, we took the internet to round up a few facts about plastic consumption around the world, in order to shed light on the harm which is coming out of the use of this element.

  1. Plastic takes 500 to 550 years to decompose completely.
  2. 90% of the cost of bottled water covers the cost of plastic, and the remaining 10% for the water.
  3. 150,000 tons of plastic go into our rivers and oceans each year.
  4. 50% of plastic is produced and sold as single use.
  5. 100,000 marine mammals are killed by plastic each year, and over 1,000,000 sea creatures.
  6. We currently recover a mere 5% of our total plastic consumption.
  7. One million plastic bags are dumped each and every minute.
  8. Within the past ten years we have produced more plastic than we have in the past lifetime.
  9. The recycling of one plastic bottle can conserve enough energy to light a 60W light bulb, for six consecutive hours.
  10. Australia, China, Austria, Bangladesh, and Ireland have banned the use of plastic bags.

You Might Also Like