We have learned 10 features in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ that your iPhone 7’s can’t do.
On Friday, April 21, Samsung will be releasing their Galaxy S8 and S8+, the company’s first flagship phone since their Galaxy Note 7 and their future depends on it.
Year 2016 was hard on Samsung, their flagship Galaxy Note 7, despite impressive features, kept blowing up and ended up costing them $17 billion in value. Next week their future is at stake with their newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S8, which we as well as them hope won’t be exploding.
Already we have learned of 10 very impressive things the Galaxy S8 can do that puts their rival iPhone 7 to the test.
1. While your Iphone is secured with your fingerprint, you can lock the S8 and access to certain folders with your iris.
2. With facial recognition abilities, you can set it to unlock to your face. If your fingers happen to be wet, sweaty, greasy, dirty or swollen, a selfie is quicker and easier.
3. The Galaxy S8 has a 5.8-inch screen compared to iPhone 7’s has a 4.7-inch screen, and S8+ has a 6.2-inch screen compared to iPhone 7 Plus’ 5.5-inch screen.
4. You can charge the Galaxy S8 wirelessly and it has a fast-charging option, iPhone lacks both.
5. It has a regular jack for headphones!
6. With Samsung Pay you can finalize payments directly on standard magnetic credit card readers without the need for a special NFC pad.
7. The Galaxy S8 has its own virtual reality software powered by Facebook’s Oculus.
8. It has a heart rate sensor on the back.
9. With the help of a special dock, you can connect it to a monitor, keyboard and mouse to create your own workstation.
10. Samsung’s Bixby digital assistant dig up information about anything you take a picture of. How about that Siri?