When we’re working, we are basically at the desk, or doing field work, bottom line; days get tiring, and we resort to comfort food in order to satisfy our cravings, so instead of having a healthy snack or a fruit we opt for the chocolate bar, which leaves us having more chocolate than we need, and even maybe the wrong type of chocolate.
Nevertheless, today we have compiled a list for our readers, listing a number of foods one can replace a chocolate bar with:
- Yogurt, granola, nuts, fruits, along with chocolate shavings, or preferably honey
- Fresh fruit or a fresh fruit salad
- Dark chocolate 70% cocoa has all the benefits of cocoa, and helps regulate stress levels, it contains less fat and sugar than the regular milk chocolate bar.
- Peanut butter and jelly: contains fiber, protein, and is incredibly sweet.
- Milk and bran, or multi grain cereal
- Sorbet, some sorbet contain zero sugar, and rely solely on the sugar found within the fruit, they’re a healthy alternative.
- Pudding with fresh fruits
- Frozen grapes, as they are good for blood vessels, and they lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Banana honey rice cake
- Dried fruit, papaya, pineapple, coconut
- Almonds, cashews
- Oatmeal, or oatmeal muffins.