Macaroni and cheese is the comfort food of our childhood, and when we grow up, this one single dish has a specific significance, that reminds us of the days our mom used to make us a hot meal for dinner, or after school, its warmth was not only for our taste buds but also for our souls. So today we have decided to share a super easy recipe for macaroni and cheese, which you can make from scratch.
First off you will need:
- 500 grams of Pasta (spirals, penne, depends on one’s preference, for macaroni and cheese we advise on the use of shell pasta)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of fresh cream
- Two table spoons of butter
- 1 cup of grated white cheddar
- 1 cup of grated yellow cheddar
- Salt for seasoning
The process is really simple:
- Boil the pasta in water, and once it is al dente, place it aside.
- In the pan, add in the butter, and let it melt
- Introduce the milk, and fresh cream
- Once they boil, add in the cheddar cheeses
- When the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened, add in the pasta and stir until viscous
Serve warm at best, and add some grated cheese as a topping. Voila!